Friday, April 1, 2011

Recovery Works

Today was Recovery Day on the Hill  http://www.minnesotarecovery.org/  at the State Capitol and it was simply amazing. I had an opportunity to volunteer and also listen to some wonderful speakers for and about Recovery. In addition to that was the opportunity to meet all the wonderful people that were there who in recovery or supported recovery. Listening to some of them share their stories and their sobriety dates was enlightening. It made me feel so elated to be a part of such a powerful movement that we in recovery are trying to spread across the state. That Recovery does work and addiction not only effects those in the addiction but those who have any kind of relations of any sorts while they are in their addiction.

That's why they say Addiction is cunning, powerful and baffling! I left there feeling so inspired, empowered, encouraged and thankful. I am so grateful that I have Recovery in my life and that I have the opportunity to share the person that I was hiding in my addiction, became in the process so far and still am in recovery and also live life again. Enjoyment has never been something I have truly understood until now. I have felt my emotions instead of denied them.

I have so much more in life then I have ever had even though I have loss I have those in my life and my HP to fill that emptiness and void that before I would of temporarily drank to get drunk or denied to subside the reality that was going on. Now I am a part of life, not just some one passing by watching from the outside.

Even though at times in my grieving I have subcome to some of these things at times usually for a week at least once a month or a day here or there. Yet I never pick up a drink or retort to my addiction to temporarily  mend anything anymore, To me that is one of my greatest accomplishments. I can now have those days and at the end of them I am still sober!!

RECOVERY WORKS.......

KEEP COMING BACK.....

No comments:

Post a Comment