Thursday, March 24, 2011

Meaning in Belongings

Really when you look at something what does it really mean to you? Is if yours or someone else's? Is it an article of clothing or the last thing they touched. Is that ever something you even think about? or have put that much thought into?

When I think of the last time I was with Rob it is so importaint that every moment is so clear that I can still see and feel as if it were as vivid as the moment had played out before us. I realized today I was frightened if it starts to slip away from my mind.  The possibility of that maybe happening forced myself to feel the whole thing over and over seeing it till it was as clear as yesterday in my mind. I just felt panic of the thought of never feeling or seeing him that last time as clearly as I can.

Everything I have held on to from the last few times we were together from a shirt on a hanger to receipt from us going to the bank. I had to keep everything he touched or that reminds me of that night or the days before. Then other things from a single sock of his to odds & ends they also "mean" everything to me.

Before that moment you wouldn't realize the meaning or what purpose all those things that you come across may hold to you. It's parts of the "We're making memories" that I have left from the man I love. Someone with whom I shared only a short time frame but shared my whole life and heart with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment