Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tear just come

I couldn't help it they just came out, I guess I have been holding them in, I just sat on the the love seat and wept. I get really lonely, not just lonely for just anybody but family, unconditional love, loss. I gave my first speaker meeting last night and I felt good afterwards, like I gave something back, I shared my story, in a short summary of recovery.
Yet here I am today, sad cause I'm here and I remember thoughts of almost a year.  I'm not with or where I thought I'd be a year later based on my sobriety as I belived it would lead me to be, and I am not sure how to feel about that.
I'm happy and grateful for the things I have, but there is that sense of loss that still lingers for all that has happen in my path of Recovery and addiction that hurts me and hurts others and I know looking back it is not changeable but it's still sad how some of the things that happen did.
I keep busy and involve myself in a lot of things now that are positive for me, there are still everyday challenges that I encounter and have to deal with. I push things off still that until I feel I'm able to deal with them and sometimes I just throw myself into them and I'm like oh that wasn't so bad, don't get me wrong there are the times I have been like ugh this is a nightmare but in those situations I always follow through until I have come to resolve once I am in.
Structure is becoming a more influential part of my life and with that I am able to handle things more constructively. I need to work on not taking or starting so many things at once though so I have multiply takes going on at once.
And with writing I'd be trapped in my thoughts going around and round, rapidly racing and trying to figure out a thousand different ways to solve, say, or answer and ask multiply things at the same time. It's nice to have quite time when it does come.
The overwhelming or just letting something go or realization of something and accepting it brings tears and sometimes they just come.

No comments:

Post a Comment